May 1, 2018

Share The Best Default Car Audio Setting Kenwood DPX-5030

Lately, I am using my wife's car quite often. Today post is an additional information from the installation result of new old stock Kenwood DPX-5030 here and here. I am confident to say that the sound quality result are remarkably good for this old head unit.
During this listening session which takes several driving hours, I am using the CD player as the reference to the sound adjustment.

The setting I made is by the preset setting from the head unit itself. I do not make any manual adjustment on the EQ. The speakers in this car are still the car OEM speakers. The sound are pretty clean. For the sound level are acceptable with volume level around 17 to 19 in the head unit display. I want to increasing the volume above that point but resulting a distortion. So I cannot go more than that. This is my setting preference, first things first, in default setting, go to DSP mode.

Change this DSP mode into 'STADIUM'. This setting could help some EQ peaks in mid range frequency muffled.

Next setting is go to EQ mode and change it to PRO.

The PRO EQ mode let us change the DSP to 'SHARP'. This setting will improve the low and high frequency to be more exposed. With this only two setting above, I notice the sound already improved a lot.

Last setting is go to AUD for audio setting. The button is same as EQ but hold the button for two second. It will display the Fader and keep it in center position.

Push next, then the setting will going to Balance. Move it slightly to R1 to focusing the sound stage to the driver seat position.

All setting above is what I can call the ideal setting for this head unit. I am quite surprise on how good the sound quality of this car after those steps are made.

This new old stock head unit really takes me to the past. This CD player is naturally easy to skip during playing because of road bump. I remember at that time, my friend bought this kind head unit and unsatisfied because of this skipped CD player issue. From that experience, Pioneer head unit is the choice for better mechanism CD player, but not for the sound.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. Great article Sir i will share this article Car Audio with my friends

    ReplyDelete