May 8, 2018

Installing TP-Link Bluetooth Music Receiver To Aux Input Kenwood DPX-5030

Kenwood DPX-5030 is good in audio quality and multi media playback. It is even can play cassette which not popular for today standard. But nothing seems enough when others member in my family wants to play music from the iPad. So installing this TP-Link Bluetooth Music Receiver in the car audio will be the answer.


I have been searching for the best bucks Bluetooth music receiver lately and I lay down to this TP-Link product. This is Taiwan manufacture that focus on networking product for many years.

This Bluetooth receiver unit is small. The top surface is for NFC connection and the LED indicator is actually bellow the NFC logo.

The connector provided are analog audio out via 3.5 mm headphone jack and mini USB for power supply. Nothing fancy, but that all I need for connecting this unit to the car head unit.

I have skipped some steps that I've actually dismantle my Xiaomi car charger. It is a dual slot USB power output that very suitable for many car application like this in the future.


The components inside are so simple, I can't argue much since they are looks very good.

I directly attach the Xiaomi car charger to the head unit wiring harness. I take from the accessories (ACC) cable and the ground. It is the red color cable and the black one.

Then I wrap it with Velcro tape to avoid any rattles noise from this USB module.

The USB cable to the Bluetooth receiver are include in the TP-Link package, so I just plugin all together.

Wiring harness is now ready.

Back to Kenwood head unit, there are actually a lot of schematic on the internet on how to modify the DIN connector to accepting AUX in. All I need is a 10 K ohm resistor and 3.5 mm headphone jack with stereo cable.

I must find the suitable pin for this DIN connector, it need small pins. Then I using the lead from the resistor as the pin to connect the cable to the DIN socket.

This is how it looks when all done.

Then plug them in as follow the tutorial on the internet that I find earlier.

The last thing to make it works is connecting the 10 K ohm resistor then all is done.

Once all connection are correct, the menu in the head unit will appears the AUX input feature.

For testing only, I put this Bluetooth receiver in the center console. I prefer hide it somewhere later on.

The connection process are very simple. It is playing so good without any audio distortion or poor connectivity. In term of the audio quality, I notice there is a degradation compare to direct connection with the cable. But it is acceptable for this ease of use and I have no complaining at all.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment