December 8, 2015

Ultronix Is The Best Resistor Ever?

I have heard that someone could hear the difference in audio quality by changing one resistor to another brand. Perhaps it is true! Actual condition from inside a resistor is more complex then just saying it is a passive component that have only a resistance. The resistors lead quality and the carbon or metal film quality really determined on how the resistor behave in the audio system. Maybe that condition will effect at the final result which is the sound itself.

Honestly, I could not hear the audible difference between resistors. What I know is the hi quality resistor give durability and rust free lead in the audio system. On hand, I have a unfamiliar brand resistor. It is Ultronix RB54CE. It is big resistor that anyone would say that it is a 3 watt resistor size. See the specification on the printed body will tells you that this is only 1/4 watt resistor!

The tolerance of this resistor is 0.1 % which is the lowest value I ever have in my life!

I can find the information from the internet that this resistor is use for military purpose which the precision is a key factor. It is also made from wire-wound which the durability and stability to the temperature is very good. The value I have is 20 k ohm and very suitable for feed back resistor in the Gainclone amplifier. But how well this resistor would give to the sound? I could not tell you until I test it by myself on the next project.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment