Skip to main content

Building Compact F5 Amplifier (Part 2) Input Output Terminal

The input and output plugs will be install now. As usual, I using almost all components from the original case, except for the input RCA jack. I am using CMC RCA which become my favorite choice.

The next components after this RCA jack is the potentiometer. I am using the famous ALPS blue velvet pot that offer long life and precise resistance.

The long storage period of this pot will make the pin covered with dirt. Always clean them with sand paper before put on the board.

I often solder the wire directly to the pot pin. This project is exceptional, I am using many board include the volume control board like this one.

Continuing from last power supply installation, I lift up them again to replace all the cable to the better one.

Since the space inside the box are still plenty, the RCA jacks are now put on its place.

The next step is installing the cable from RCA to the pot. I am using Canare shielded interconnect cable in this purpose.


The new cable is now install under the capacitor board. They are voltage output and speakers output with the same ground connection.

This new cables installation look a little bit tidy than previous installation. I manage them better right now.

I believe it is done for today.


Part 3 can be find here

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.