December 31, 2015

Bypass Capacitor With K40Y-9

I do some improvement from my last project here by changing the capacitor to this paper in oil capacitor type. With this upgrade, the instrument detail, depth of sound stage and the vocal are dramatically improved. This is also one of my favorite capacitor for signal application.


For B1 buffer, the value that I need for the output capacitor is 10 uF, then this K40Y-9 will bypassing to that electrolytic capacitor.

Do you remember my B1 buffer build with cheap capacitor? Actually I experienced the improvement of the sound by adding this B1 buffer in my system. But something is wrong. There is a bottleneck in the system and my pre-judge is that cheap capacitor. That capacitor makes sound dull and narrow. The tolerance for each capacitor is worse, so the frequency between left and right are slightly difference. Lesson to be taken, never use no-name brand and cheap capacitor in the audio signal line.

This is the final result after I change them to the new capacitor.

As I test this amplifier, the improvement are significantly appears. This components upgrade make the amplifier sound far better. I am smiling now because I know that my system right now is working at optimum condition.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment