Skip to main content

Bypass Capacitor With K40Y-9

I do some improvement from my last project here by changing the capacitor to this paper in oil capacitor type. With this upgrade, the instrument detail, depth of sound stage and the vocal are dramatically improved. This is also one of my favorite capacitor for signal application.


For B1 buffer, the value that I need for the output capacitor is 10 uF, then this K40Y-9 will bypassing to that electrolytic capacitor.

Do you remember my B1 buffer build with cheap capacitor? Actually I experienced the improvement of the sound by adding this B1 buffer in my system. But something is wrong. There is a bottleneck in the system and my pre-judge is that cheap capacitor. That capacitor makes sound dull and narrow. The tolerance for each capacitor is worse, so the frequency between left and right are slightly difference. Lesson to be taken, never use no-name brand and cheap capacitor in the audio signal line.

This is the final result after I change them to the new capacitor.

As I test this amplifier, the improvement are significantly appears. This components upgrade make the amplifier sound far better. I am smiling now because I know that my system right now is working at optimum condition.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.