April 15, 2020

The Original Samsung S10+ AKG Earphones Review

This AKG earphones from Samsung S10+ bundling smartphone is very popular. When I searching for it, it is quite funny that many online re-seller claims that they sells this kind earphones as a loose pack for less than US$20. As the information based on the seller, they taken directly from the Samsung smartphones bundling box. Will it this much quantity? I think this is too good to be true. Moreover, I've read the buyers comment and for sure they are not got the original AKG. It is a good copy indeed. So, why this AKG earphones bundled with the smartphones S10+ so popular? Is the sound quality good? That is why right now, on my hand, I got the original Samsung S10+ AKG earphones directly from brand new S10+ smartphones. I got it from my sister. She know what inside the smartphones she bought, but she is not using the wired earphones anymore . I am quite lucky to get it from her for free:)

Fun fact, the AKG is the brand under Harman Kardon as parent company. They owned several brand such as JBL and Infinity. This Samsung S10+ AKG earphones is not cheap. The only option is you got it when you buy the smartphones bundling with this earphones. Samsung official websites not selling them individually but my friend said to me that he once find it is sells for about US$70. So what you got from that kind amount of money?

I got thia AKG earphones in white color. On the top of the earphones, you will see the earphones drivers covered with protective plastic film. It just like the one you have when buying new smartphones.

So satisfying when peel it off.

It is clearly the color of the earphones is silver with grey AKG wording.

Opening this card board box is just a simple pull off the tab.

The material of this earphones is smooth plastic on the top surface and rubbery plastic feel on the bottom side.

There is 2 air vent. One is on the top side and the other is on the bottom.


The cable is cotton braided on the single one comes from the 3.5 mm jack, then split to each earphones channel. But the split cable is just a ordinary rubber cable.

There are extra size of the ear-tips for different kind of ears size. This extra ear-tips is put on the flat black paper as well.


At the right channel earphones cable, it placed the button function and mic module.


The Y cable split marked the origin of this product, it is made in Vietnam.

The 3.5 mm jack is rubbery plastic but no gold plated jack here.




So I plug this AKG earphones jack to my Audioquest Dragonfly Black and go through the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite smartphones for testing purpose. The music player is USB Audio Player Pro and the music files is vary from 16 bit FLAC CD ripped music files, up to DSD and MQA music files. I using the same setups when I hear with Sony MH1 or MH1C earphones I had.

For every new earphones, they always need some times to break-in. Playing for an hour will makes the sound better. It is become more refined and less edgy. Playing for more than 100 hours is fully break-in. I using this AKG earphones after passing about 5 hours playing some music. My first impression the sound is quite detail on highs. Slightly extended on some frequency and got noisier background in my opinion comparing to my Sony MH1. You can blame me to hear too much on Sony MH1 since it has very dark and warm sounding earphones, which some say it is not a natural sound:) Back to the AKG, it is sound open and maybe, natural. The mid-range is smooth, slightly warm but overall still flat. The bass is tight, less boomy and not too deep unlike the MH1. Overal it is very good sounding earphones. Sound-stage is wide enough and presentation a little bit on your face. For my taste, Sony MH1 has it's own sound signature. Like this AKG also have their own sound signature which more open and extended.

Then the most important from the earphones is the comfort when wear it. Because it is a wearable device, so comfortable is also an important factor. To be clear, this AKG fit well on my ear. They are not easy to loose from my ears. This AKG not the very comfortable earphones that I've wear, but clearly it is far better than the Sony MH1. AKG earphones is good when blocking outside noise. But the Sony MH1 is did better.

So, end of my word, is the AKG worth to have? Yes it is. But the price for getting the original one is not cheap. Most online seller for the AKG earphones is doubtfully an original product. Maybe if you have information about a good reputable seller for the original, please share the link on the comment section.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment