November 4, 2015

My Project Board Collection & Electronic Schematic (Part 1)

Few of week ago, I manage a room in my house which previously as my storage room. This room will soon become a bedroom for my daughter.

I tidy up many carton boxes and find something interesting. One box is full of my project board that I've been work with it since my first time in this electronic hobby. They are unused and the components inside are mostly substitute to other electronic project at that time. I will show the each project board which I think, they are good enough for sharing. The schematic will be include on the next post.


The first board is a brand new vacuum tube buffer pre-amp, original design by Musical Fidelity X-10. It using 6DJ8 for each channel. This board is quite new, I bought it about two years ago.



Next board is a push-pull AB amplifier which rated around 150 watt for each channel. It is a big power amplifier capable to drive a sub-woofer. Not recommended for audiophile amplifier due to poor sound stage and dull high frequency response.



This is my dream project back on early 90's. A stereo amplifier using single IC and several transistor at the tone control stage. It using STK443 and the power output is around 20 watt per channel. The sound quality is not bad at that moment.



My new dream project! Nelson Pass F5 amplifier. This board is made by one of my local forum member. The build quality is excellence. The reason not to starting this project is the difficulty to find the big heat-sink and the amplifier case.


Next board is the sub-woofer pre-amp. I have build so many times and the result is amazing. The schematic is actually the same as my previous project here. The cut-off frequency is 75hz 3rd order. This pre-amp kick the sub-woofer very good with outstanding bass clarity.



Next is a fun project. The FM radio that work very well, no need to make your own coil and doesn't have to fine tuning the frequency. All hassle already done in the build-in FM tuner module. I combine it with low wattage power amplifier from TBA820 and directly connect to the speaker.


The next board is also a sub-woofer amplifier. This is a transistor LPF pre-amp that passing only low level frequency to the IC power amplifier. The sound is good but not very loud. The IC is AN7161, low power amplifier and could damage easily if crank the volume up too much.



This is the board of Active Tone Control. A good name but actually it is just an active loudness. The sound is more impact compare to the traditional passive loudness.



This is the original board of Surround Sound - Acoustic Field Generator, same as I describe on the project here. This board is more crowded than I have built before. The quality of this board is way better since I guess this is an import product.



The unfinished project of 3 way active cross-over. The reason that I stop this project is because I have only one board on my hand. It is require 2 for stereo.



Another high-power amplifier board that using popular transistor 2N3055 and MJ2955. Each channel is 75 watt and I really recommend this amplifier to drive a sub-woofer speakers.



A TV Game project! Simple TV game with only using one IC. Not bad for a beginner.



Next board is parametric equalizer which at that time I don't understand how to operate it at all. The sound become weird once I try to setting it. So the last thing I did are make all the setting in default position.


A popular amplifier project again. This is from LA family. Honestly the sound is not as good as the STK IC. But what can I say, this is a learning tool for more advance project.


NAD hi-fi stereo tone control anyone? Is it a clone from original NAD? I don't know for sure. But the sound result with this tone control is not good either.


My very first amplifier project using LA4440. I quite remember that I should save my own money to buy this IC back at that time. This is the very first working amplifier project I have made:)


My first surround system. It is a quadraphonic surround and working very good pairing to a gaming console. It is the Panasonic 3DO system. I remember playing the shooting game "Shock Wave" and the enemies plane movement in the picture same as the surround sound.


Next is the stereo tape pre-amp. CD are not very popular at that time and expensive. This is a pure transistor head tape pre-amp. It is working very good but have a hiss noise issue.


I will update another board once I have a time to take a shoot of them again. Stay tuned:)
Part 2 can be find here

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment