Skip to main content

The Seller Hi-fi Audio System

When I judge one audio system, I should know exactly what is the good parameter is. I can say one system is better than another because the music presentation is meet my preference in the audio system. This preference is the benchmark and for this reason, I should visit many audio show to hear what the brands want you to listen as they intended in their audio system. But this audio show doesn't come everyday, so I need another place that I can regularly visit.

Luckily one of my seller provide a whole audio system to be played to the customer. This is what I want to show in this post.


If you living in the same country as I do, you should familiar with the shop in this photo. The seller is very kind enough to demonstrating his audio system, yet having a warm discussion about audio.

The components in his audio system are changes frequently. The last time I came here is so much different with my today visit. By looking this photo, I am pretty sure every customers will relax and enjoying their time in the shop like this.

The music playing right now is Diana Krall. The source is the Audio Note CDT Zero CD player.


Another CD player on the bottom of the Audio Note is the China made CD Player. This good looking CD player made by aluminum casing with top loader CD mechanism.


One thing that take my attention is this vacuum tube amplifier and pre-amplifier. One amplifier for each channel. This glowing vacuum tube amplifier sound wonderful.


The speaker that are playing right now is this Rogers LS-15 (if I am not mistaken). It is placed on top the vintage Tannoy speakers. Although this speaker size is small but the sound is wide open and clear. The warm of the vocal is outstanding with this speaker.




I return to this vacuum tube amplifier again and take another photo. This large vacuum tube is glowing bright and very attractive.



There is also another vacuum tube amplifier made by the seller. This amplifier is played quite often in this shop.




This is another photo to compares when I came to this shop few weeks ago. Very much different with today audio system. That is why sometimes when I want to buy some audio components here, I keep wondering what audio system is playing right now in this shop.



Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.