October 4, 2020

Beyerdynamic T1 Headphone Review

This Beyerdynamic headphone I got here is the first generation of T1 lineup.

It is in used but still in good condition. A little bit tear at the head band leather but I guess it quite common for every headphones that using leather material.

This T1 is top line series in the Beyerdynamic headphones line up. The difference with the latest version is only on the minor appearance update. As you maybe know that I also had a review about the others series of Beyerdynamic, is the DT880 here. The Beyerdynamic DT880 sound presentation for me is too flat and too much treble details that makes me dizzy.

Then, with this T1 on hands, I really curious on how it deliver the music.

Most professional headphones are open back design and high impedance. It is very common because the main purpose for this kind headphones is for music monitoring in the recording studio. So every detail and dynamic should be deliver as much as possible.

Then this kind of headphones are widely use for the music playback as well. The reason is quite simple, because when they using this kind headphones for the recording, listener also hoping they get the same audio quality when playback the music.


This T1 packaging in a white box with the information on it are tells everything about the specification.



Inside the box you will find aluminum box with Beyerdynamic logo on it.

This is not become my surprise since this is the top of the line series, so the accessories along with the package are actually more superb.





This T1 here is in used condition but like I said earlier, it is still in good condition and all accessories are complete just like when it is brand new.



I guess opening this used T1 like this is just like having the same experience when it is brand new.







This T1 is quite heavy although almost the materials are made using aluminum. The Sennheiser HD600 for comparison is lighter because they all plastic except the head band. This makes T1 looks more premium.

Wearing this T1 is also comfortable. It is heavier than the HD600 but I am not feel like it weighting my head anyway. It is fit perfectly on my head and for long listening session and it is comfortable.



I remove the pad to have closer look on the headphone driver. It is covered with fine mesh and it a quite big driver inside.



The headphone cable is all detachable with very common connector, it is all stereo 3.5 mm jack on the input and for each headphone connector, left and right. The cable it self is covered with braided cloth makes the cable tangled free and more durable. I have no issue when wear this headphone with it and I think the cable makes the look for overall T1 like a professional instrument.





So I test this T1 to my Bottlehead crack amplifier and Chord Mojo DAC.

I also listen this T1 on my Audioquest Dragonfly Black connected to my phone.

Or when I just want a simple setup, I am using the iPod touch with the universal Apple dock connector. It also works very well with this T1 headphone.


Beyerdynamic T1 is way better than DT880 for sure. The presentation of the T1 is very dynamic with speed to catch high pace music like Rock music or even most jazz music. All music presentation are reveal with good separation on each instrument. The sound stage is very wide, the sound like coming out far from the headphones. I listen music from Fourplay, on their album The Best of Fourplay, track 5: Chant, this makes you feel the music very live presenting live on your ears. The instruments on this music are complex with cymbal, drum, percussion, and piano, but they presenting very well on this T1 without sign of haptic or pile up.

The treble, or the high frequency on this T1 is very extended. Not so much airy I think, it is more stiff and somehow I still find a little striking treble like previous DT880 review, but not so much and very tolerable without ear fatigue for long listening session. In my opinion the T1 treble still consider good and makes the overall music presentation more live.

On the bass presentation with this T1 is very balance with the mid frequency, I feel the bass is just right and again, the speed on T1 presenting the bass with a good pace and deep enough as you can feel the music beat precisely.

I love T1 music presentation for sure. But as you know that the Sennheiser HD600 is become my reference headphone all the time and I always praised on how well the Sennheiser HD600 produce warm and intimate vocal presentation. In contrast T1 vocal is not so much warm as Sennheiser HD600. Still T1 has a warm touch on the vocal presentation, that makes this T1 even more balance and accepted by wider audience.

The vocal on the T1 is more presenting as is, without the coloration or additional detail. This will makes the personal taste playing a lot to judge which the best among them. But for sure, overall frequency and music presentation on T1 is more fuller, more extended and dynamic compares with the Sennheiser Sennheiser HD600.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment