June 2, 2020

Finding The Better One Over Sennheiser HD600

The best music experience I had from a headphones audio system so far is this Sennheiser HD600. You can read my review here when I compare the previous runner up in my list is the HD6xx with this HD600, the result is clearly as my expectation. The HD600 is the most transparent, detail and intimate voice headphones I've ever heard. It is above the level of HD6xx at the first time you put the HD600 on your head. So in this post and next, I will try something new. I want to compete this HD600 to others well known headphones out there, with also having a good reputation among the the headphones users. The goal is finding the better one over this HD600 in term of everything. So before begin to the others headphones, let me brief a little bit about this Sennheiser HD600 again.

Sennheiser still selling HD600 in brand new condition for US$ 400. But they are different with this one. The old HD600 like in this post is having marble like finished. In contrast, the newer version like on the official Sennheiser websites is all mate black just like Massdrop HD6xx. I don't have a chance to hear the new HD600 so I cannot tells do the new sound different compare to the old one I have here.


Looking to the material use in this HD600, it is all covered with plastic material. Only some parts like the head band and the grill mesh is from metal. This headphones is also quite light and very comfortable to wear for quite long time. The headphones driver is big, it is oval shape and covered all your ears comfortably. This old HD600 is been using more than 10 years for sure, but still in perfect condition, no sign of wear especially the foam pads. They are covered with fabric material, not only more comfortable to wear in tropical hot weather like in my country here but it also very durable. Unlike the leather pads, they less comfortable to wear and certainly the leather material tends to peel off by itself for more than a year of usage.


I hope you not get bored with the sound review of this HD600. You can have the more pricey headphones but not always comes with the better sound. The HD600 voice sound is just real, imaging is very clear and a little on the warm sounding headphones. The high frequency very extended but not overshooting or edgy. The separation between frequency is preform very well. The bass also sound good, very balance to all music presentation.


So you may have a question like I do. Although you already have this HD600, or have experience it before, you will need another headphones alternative for sure. It should be better in sound quality, more comfortable to wearing and on the same price or lower. But it is possible to get?

So stay tuned to my next post comparing this Sennheiser HD600 with others:)


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment