May 29, 2020

Affordable High Quality Schiit Concerto II PYST RCA Cable

Building a good pair of RCA cable is not cheap.

If you have build your own cables for your audio system, then you know how much you spent for a set of RCA plugs. Like me, I often using CMC RCA plug that cost me more than US$20 for plugs only without counting the cables yet. So, I wish there is an audio manufacturer can offer good quality RCA cable and of course at affordable price, and my wish granted. Here it is, the US$20 PYST RCA cable from Schiit. Early disclaimer, I am not sponsored with anyone or the manufacture it self, so this is purely what I am thinking about the product and I think it is worth to share.

What determined one RCA is a good quality one? For myself, I always looking how precision the built quality is. It also should be using good conductor material as well. Gold plated plug is a bonus. Furthermore, the isolated between center plug and ground should using ceramic material. But for this PYST RCA cable, I cannot assure what material they are using on it. But overall quality is meet my expectation.



The next things to be consider as a RCA cable is the cable joint to the RCA terminal. Schiit make this PYST RCA in good traditional ways by soldering to the terminal. I still not believe the screw type connection is better than this one.


The cable using in this PYST RCA is a good quality one. It is labeled Straight Wire Concerto II/ PYST. It is sturdy, yet quite flexible. Total cable length is about 60 cm, quite short in my opinion but very ideal to connect between your DAC to the amplifier. I think Schiit should consider to give the cable length option to their customer when ordering this cable.


The cable work perfectly in my audio system and I couldn't more happier than that.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment