May 2, 2020

B&O Play Earphones From LG G7+ Launching Package

Continue from my previous review for the budget earphones, the AKG here makes me want to add another budget earphones collection. But of course it is also from the bundling smartphone as well. My choice down to this B&O Play earphones. It is came from the launching package of LG G7+ smartphone. If you already know that LG has been collaborate with B&O brand for their sound tuning since the G5 and V10 smartphone upwards series. Until about last year I believe, they break the relationship with B&O and starting with Meridian. So here it is, the B&O Play earphones I got on my hand, bought for about US$25. I am very curious how does it sound compare to the AKG.

As always, beware of the counterfeit product. This always happen to the famous brand, same as B&O Play earphones I got here. I bought this earphones online, I just drop my luck to the table, and I guess I really got the original one. Here is the LG factory seal and I compare to the LG smartphone I got, the paper seal is the same on both of them. A good sign I think:)


This LG G7+ launching package box has the smartphone warranty card inside and of course the B&O earphones itself.

The box has nice finished on the printing also the cardboard quality.

Inside the box you got the earphones and the extra tips, all package with separate plastic bag.



This is the B&O Play earphones! The first things I mention is the cable style is the same as the AKG. It is a cotton braided cable. I feel the cable in this B&O is more flexible compares to the AKG. The plastic material for this B&O earphones is good but I find the AKG is better.

On the earphones side, there is an aluminium finished emboss with B&O logo. The earphones style really remind me to my previous Bluetooth B&O Beoplay H5 here. Of course the finished material of this B&O Play is not the same class as the Beoplay H5, the price as well.

The mic and button module for this B&O is on the left channel of the earphones, unlike the AKG is on the right side which is confusing for me at the first time. For overall plastic material is good enough.

The 3.5 mm stereo TRRS jack is a standard straight plug without gold plated. Same we got at the AKG.


The Y split cable has recycle logo. Do not throw it on the trash bin, unless you want it disappears very quick to someone hands.

The earphones canal is quite big. Bigger than AKG for sure.

And how does B&O Play sounds like? My first impression, it is really like an B&O sound. Highs frequency extended and some peaks on certain frequency. The mid-range sounds okay but slightly thin and the bass is quite deep enough in accepted level. I find this B&O sound is like a V-shaped sounding equalizer. The B&O sound-stages not very special, I find the AKG do it better.

When I wear this earphones, it feels they want to fall off from my ears easily. Other than that, the passive noise cancelling is also not better than the AKG. I can clearly hear the noise around. After sometime I playing the music on this B&O earphones, then I changes the ear-tips to the bigger one. It is more suitable for my ears. It sealed the outside noise better and more comfortable for me. But my overall impression wearing this earphones is still not as comfortable as the AKG.

My final words, is it worth to spending US$25 for this B&O earphones? Well, what do you compares to? The AKG? That very different price point I guess. But spending US$25 for B&O branding is no brainer choice, especially if you fanatic to this brand, then no more words I could write except to have it immediately.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment