May 2, 2019

Sanyo Os-con SEPC Capacitor For The DAC Circuit

I remember watching the advertising from Sony NW-ZX2 in Youtube, they put the Sanyo Os-con capacitor as their marketing object that creates the superior sound to that device. Strangely, what I saw is they put it as DC blocking capacitor before the line audio output. The Sanyo Os-con is well known for their low ESR and good at filtering the power supply of digital audio system. No harm to use it on the audio signal line anyway but in this post, I have order several and I will put it as it should be, is at the digital power supply!


This Sanyo Os-con is quite affordable capacitor. The standard version have the blue plastic jacket and the higher one is the naked aluminum capacitor. This series is called SEPC and has a very low ESR.

The price for the SEPC is almost fourth time higher than the standard series. It is still affordable by the way and previously I bought the 470uF/16v Sanyo Os-con SEPC for only US$1,7 each and the 100uF/16 only US$1 each.


I will replace the Nichicon Muse green capacitor on my previously built DAC TDA1543 with the Sanyo Os-con.

If I remembering from the first time I built this DAC, I think I should using the Sanyo Os-con, but to be frank, I just put all components on my bin rather order the new one.


I have replace them all and this is how it looks now.


I also put a small 100nF bypass capacitor on each of the Os-con capacitor.


Then, I also replace the low quality 100uF capacitor on the Tripath TA2024 circuit board to Sanyo Os-con.

This capacitor is quite important. Based on the Tripath datasheet, that capacitor will filtering ripple from on chip 5 volt DC regulator.


So that is all for the upgrade.

Do the sound quality improved after those capacitors upgrade?

Perhaps I can hear it:)

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment