Skip to main content

Revisiting The Sony Playstation SCPH-1002

The Sony Playstation SCPH-1002 I got here is the first model for UK market. This unit power by 220 volt AC input same as my country wall voltage rating. I've using it for years and it is have an issue at the lens unit since 2 years ago. I am now using DVD player with separate DIY DAC and satisfy with them already. But some how, I really want to revive this Sony to back to life again.


This unit is still in the mint condition. The only problem right now is only replace the optical unit.

I already ordered it and it is now on delivery.

No one right now selling this optical unit in the original condition. Many of them are refurbished or China made. So it is a gambling for me and wish the unit will come is in the good working condition.

While I waiting the optical to be deliver, I do repair some minor problem.

The power input socket are made from plastic and easily break on the side of the bolt hole.

Luckily I have some spares and replace this socket is very easy to do.

The Wima capacitor for power supply bypass is from my previous components upgrades.

It is using Panasonic JVC capacitor at the 7,6 volt and the Rubycon MBZ at the 3,6 volt.





Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.