May 27, 2019

Revisiting The Sony Playstation SCPH-1002

The Sony Playstation SCPH-1002 I got here is the first model for UK market. This unit power by 220 volt AC input same as my country wall voltage rating. I've using it for years and it is have an issue at the lens unit since 2 years ago. I am now using DVD player with separate DIY DAC and satisfy with them already. But some how, I really want to revive this Sony to back to life again.


This unit is still in the mint condition. The only problem right now is only replace the optical unit.

I already ordered it and it is now on delivery.

No one right now selling this optical unit in the original condition. Many of them are refurbished or China made. So it is a gambling for me and wish the unit will come is in the good working condition.

While I waiting the optical to be deliver, I do repair some minor problem.

The power input socket are made from plastic and easily break on the side of the bolt hole.

Luckily I have some spares and replace this socket is very easy to do.

The Wima capacitor for power supply bypass is from my previous components upgrades.

It is using Panasonic JVC capacitor at the 7,6 volt and the Rubycon MBZ at the 3,6 volt.





Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment