October 13, 2018

Building 2 Way SB Acoustic Speakers (Part 4) The Assembly Process

To make myself a productive person, this morning I woke up early and start to work on this new speaker project. Perhaps this is an excuse for me not to slept well last night. I am actually not in patient to have an audition for this new speakers.

So in this post, I will share the assembly process of this 2 way SB Acoustic speaker system.


I amazed on how great is the box built quality.

This box can be comparable with the most high end speakers finished. The cutting and the attachment of each parts are precise.

I loved to see the wood finished of this speakers. It is a natural wood color that I think this is very suitable to put in the living room.


One thing I want to share is the speaker grill which is a revolutionary idea.

There is no tabs in the speaker box that commonly to hold the grill frame. Instead this speaker using magnets to hold the grill into the box. The result is neat finished speakers especially when this grill is off, so the front side of the box look neat and clean.


I loved the cut-off for the inner speakers. It is every speaker builder dream to have this kind neat cut-off hole.


The woofer unit hole is no exception, it is cut perfectly round and the outer line are cut based on the driver frame.


It is a nice touch that the inner surface are paint black.



My soldering iron is ready and all cables are now prepared to install between crossover to the drivers.



For the internal cable, I am still using Canare 2S7F Speaker cable. It is very durable, high quality, and professional application proven.


I do it at the same time for both speakers, all cables are measured for same length both left and right channel.


Once the cable installation are all finished, then the crossover is hiding inside the layers of sound deadening.


The finishing steps is put drivers into the box.



The woofer driver is next.


Wow.. One word, WOW!

Indonesian drivers manufacture, Indonesian speaker box builder, and myself, an Indonesian speaker designer made this marvelous speaker.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

1 comment: