April 19, 2018

New Old Stock Kenwood DPX-5030

I just got the brand new old stock head unit. It can play cassette, CD and radio. This is Kenwood DPX-5030. But, what so special for this unit for me? Most today cars OEM head unit already has USB, Bluetooth, and also CD player. Long story short, it is all about nostalgic matters only.
I remember about 20 years ago, in late 90's, the double DIN head unit are booming. Everyone change their car stereo system to double DIN type. The good things that most of cars since that time has already equipped with extra slot for double DIN head unit.

This Kenwood DPX-5030 is no exception. Think about that year, the home audio are fill with audio components system that has attractive display showing spectrum bar, just like this. At that time cassette also very popular, CD's are holy grail, and radio are all around. This Kenwood DPX-5030 has all all the feature above!

I immediate open the package and it just like a brand new unit. All accessories still wrap in the original package.







The remote controller is big and remind me to the home audio system.



The connector are very basic, no AUX in, and only BUS IN for the CD changer.

For the first time I turn it on, I feel like I am dragging to the 90's era.



I testing all function and all working good.

This is a Cassette in case if you don't know. It is store music just like CD's but in analog format.



Sound wise, it is very good! Loud and clear. It has built in simple preset DSP for sound theme selection. Compares to today OEM head unit is just like day and night. This sound setting and option are far better.

I wish I could install it in my car right away, but it will be another posting for that.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

1 comment: