Skip to main content

Sony GMD-700 Car Shelves For Auxiliary Input

It is not something that I intended to buy, but honestly, this things is not a common product. I bought it at local online store for less than US$17 and it is SONY GMD-700, a 1 Din Auxiliary Box but it is expensive in my opinion for only a drawer.


Perhaps, this is the product that not many people using it in my country. But compares to the origin of this product, Japan, most brand new car doesn't include an audio system. That is why this unit come in handy. Others option to use this product is because of the changing of the 2 din head unit to a single Din.

The package is simple, a carton box with typical Sony manual inside. You also get several bolt to attach this unit to the OEM car bracket.

The manual is in Japan language. You don't need to translate it anyway, this product do tell the function.

And here it is.

Nice finished in my opinion.

Open the shelves and here is the place to put your mobile phone or a portable audio player. There also a thick layer of foam to keep your gadget in place.

Sadly it is comes with very poor quality connector.



That is why I decide to remove the cable and change it to the better one.

Only unscrew four bolt underneath the unit and open the tab at the back.

It is open very easy.

Now it is more clear to see the foam inside of the shelves.

All the disassembly parts and ready to put the new cable.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.