March 18, 2018

Capacitor Upgrade For My LG DVD/CD Player

Last week, as usual in my daily working days, I am stop by to my favorite audio parts store, just for looking around. There are lots capacitor lining up in the shelves and I just wondering that I has one more things to do in my CD Player here. So I bought some to upgrade my CD player.



This the LG CD Player becoming my CD transport. I am using it on every day basis for listening my favorite music albums. I use the digital audio output/ SPDIF to feed to my Integrated DAC Amplifier here


To be honest, nothing fancy in my setup. But I could tell the sound from this system is very good. It is enough for having a good listening experience from this simple audio system.


Back to this CD player upgrade, I open the cover up and as you can see there are lots capacitor upgrade from my previous upgrade. Mostly the upgrade on the power supply capacitors.


Previous capacitors upgrade on the signal audio capacitor only consist of 4 output capacitor, which is now unused since I am only using the digital out.


All power supply capacitor has been upgrade for clean output.


But at the high-voltage capacitors, they are still untouchable. The OEM capacitors in this section is using the low grade multipurpose capacitors.


That is why I bought, this Nichicon VR capacitor to upgrade them. The rated will be increase due to stock availability. It is from 15uf to 22uf, all 450 volt rating capacitor.




That's it, only minor capacitor upgrade.

Honestly I cannot tell how this capacitor upgrade improve the sound quality. I don't find any noticeable difference with it. But what I can assure that all capacitor has been replaced to higher rated and from reputable capacitor product.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment