Skip to main content

Inductor Analysis On MIT Speaker Cable MITerminator 5

I never thought that my post about the mysterious box of the MIT Cable MITerminator 5 here is become the most views in this blog.

Continue from the last post, I will going deeper with the inductor specification.



So I open up again this MITerminator 5 box.

I clean up the inductor from the remaining glue for better looking and it is now ready to measure.

The outer diameter of the inductor is 25 mm.

The height is 10 mm.

The wire diameter is 0.7 mm.

The inside diameter is 16 mm and the iron core diameter is 15 mm. 





When measure the inductor value using Atmel based LCR meter, the value is 0,25 mH with the total resistance is 0,7 ohm.


The iron core is just an insert to the coil housing, so it is very easy to remove it.


Without the iron core, the inductance is reduce and become 0,21 mH with the resistance at 0,7 ohm.


That is all I can share about the inductor specification from the "secret" box of the MIT speaker cable. 

Hope this information can pay-off our curiosity so far.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

  1. according to your schematic drawing no effect of the inductor because 18awg cable bypassing the inductor or if its a bi wire cable then there is a effect on 22awg cable for Mid and HF definitly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.