October 24, 2019

Coil Analysis On MIT Speaker Cable MITerminator 5

I never thought that my post about the mysterious box of the MIT Cable MITerminator 5 is the most views in this blog. You can see the inside of this MIT speaker cable here and perhaps you are wondering how much is the coil value? So here I am now for in depth analysis for the coil inside MITerminator 5 speaker cable.


I open up again this MITerminator 5 box, then I clean the coil from the glue, so it is now ready to measure. The first things I need to measure is the outer diameter of the coil. I got 25 mm for it.

The thickness of the coil is about 10 mm.

The lead diameter is 0,7 mm.

The inner coil diameter is 16 mm and the iron core diameter is 15 mm. 

I am using Atmel based LCR meter and I got the value for this coil is 0,25 mH and the total resistance is 0,7 ohm.

The iron core is just a simple insert to the coil housing, so it is very easy to remove the core.

Without the iron core, the coil inductance is reduce to 0,21 mH while keep maintaining the resistance at 0,7 ohm.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment