June 3, 2019

Revisiting Tripath TA2024 +DAC Amplifier

Today, I take another photo of my current update of the Tripath TA2024 amplifier combo with the DAC TDA1543. You probably may know that from the last upgrade is actually few weeks ago here and here, I put the Pass H2 generator pre-amp along with some upgrade on the DAC capacitor. So here is the recent update.


I may repeat on how this amplifier works. It is basically the Topping TP-10 based amplifier. It has the Tripath TA2024 chip inside. Then I replace the SMPS included on this Topping with full linear power supply. On the amplifier section has minor upgrade since the TA2024 already has a good reputation in producing vacuum tube alike sound amplifier.

Other than that, I also put the DIY DAC based on TDA1543. It is all in one combo and that is why the input is only by a single coaxial input.

This is the inside of the linear power supply.

I put the 100VA transformer and the regulated power supply on the aluminium case. This is also including the power supply for the DAC. You may notice I have remove the power supply for the H2 generator preamp right now.

Now let's take a look inside of the amplifier itself.

It is now only 2 board inside this tiny palm hand amplifier instead previously the 3 board inside.

I removed the H2 generator pre-amp after a week of serious listening session. With the H2 pre-amp, I get the improvement on the high notes, but unfortunately the more you listening to it, the more you realize that a lot of music is thrown away. No matter on how you put the setting on the distortion level, the detail seems sucks out from the music.

I guess this is still the best combination so far. The Tripath TA2024 ampifier and the DAC TDA1543.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment