Skip to main content

Gainclone LM3886 Parts List

I bought this tiny PCB for my next project, the gainclone LM3886. This PCB is design by our local DIY'ers. It is a worth PCB to buy since they are bundled with the Dale SMD resistors.


The thickness of this PCB is 2 mm, it is very thick for this kind application.

I love this PCB. The trace and the layout design is well design and very high quality.

On hands, I have the LM3886 IC. Unlike the newer version on the market right now are from Texas Instruments, what I have is the old production batch from National Semiconductor. I don't have any experience which is better tho.


This capacitors is very suitable to the PCB I got here. I using the standard type Nichicon VZ capacitors rated 2200uF 50v each.

See! it is fit perfectly.

Later on, I will collect more parts to make this project start again. I still need the toroidal transformer, diode bridge, good amplifier case and heat-sink.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

  1. interested in link to buy pcb too.
    Thanks for all this very interesting website ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.