Skip to main content

Tripath H2 DAC Amplifier - The Miniature Of Complexity (Part 1)

If you're not follow my blog yet, perhaps you might wonder what amplifier that I am talking about. So please read on here here and here. This is Tripath TA2024 amplifier from Topping. I did upgrade the components and add the DAC from TDA1543 into one casing. The goal when making this amp is make the sound just like a F5 amplifier. It is sound good by the way, but not close to the F5 yet. So, recently after I do testing the H2, I am fully confident that adding it will improve the sound.
 


It is a mini amp. This mini amp has 2 different board. One for the main amplifier and the other is DAC.

The power supply is made by separate chassis replacing the SMPS from Topping. Right now this liner power supply have 3 different output. One for the amp, the other one for the DAC, and the new additional one is for the H2.



This is the new section power supply using LM317 as per H2 schematic. 

Currently, the amp has a tight place for 2 board stacked together. And I want add the H2 somewhere else inside.

One thing for sure that my evaluation board for H2 cannot fit into this amp case. So I need reassemble all components to the smaller board.

I guess I have a tiny room left behind. This is where I should put this H2 later on.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.