April 30, 2019

Tripath H2 DAC Amplifier - The Miniature Of Complexity (Part 1)

If you're not follow my blog yet, perhaps you might wonder what amplifier that I am talking about. So please read on here here and here. This is Tripath TA2024 amplifier from Topping. I did upgrade the components and add the DAC from TDA1543 into one casing. The goal when making this amp is make the sound just like a F5 amplifier. It is sound good by the way, but not close to the F5 yet. So, recently after I do testing the H2, I am fully confident that adding it will improve the sound.
 


It is a mini amp. This mini amp has 2 different board. One for the main amplifier and the other is DAC.

The power supply is made by separate chassis replacing the SMPS from Topping. Right now this liner power supply have 3 different output. One for the amp, the other one for the DAC, and the new additional one is for the H2.



This is the new section power supply using LM317 as per H2 schematic. 

Currently, the amp has a tight place for 2 board stacked together. And I want add the H2 somewhere else inside.

One thing for sure that my evaluation board for H2 cannot fit into this amp case. So I need reassemble all components to the smaller board.

I guess I have a tiny room left behind. This is where I should put this H2 later on.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment