December 27, 2016

Building Mini DAC TDA1543 (Part 2 Final)

The only reason why I am building this DAC is because it is simple without additional op-amp required for the output. I should admit at the first time, I not sure the sound quality of this TDA1543. I am afraid the sound are far from my expectation. But my thought is changed after I read the review from the 47 labs 4515 DAC online. They using the similar IC and the review is very promising.


Previously I have done with the DAC board. it look very neat and tidy. I have planned to put this board at the same case of my Tripath amplifier here. That is why simplicity is a plus point of this project.

At the same time I also re-cabling the internal wire of my Tripath amp power supply using teflon silver coated cables. Surprisingly they are good cables and the sound improvement are huge by using that cables.

The red jacket cables are standard industrial cable and the purple one is the teflon silver coated cable.

This enclosure are separate from the amp for better noise separation.

The voltage output from this power supply has 2 rail of voltage consist of the existing 12 volt 3 ampere for the amplifier and additional 12 volt 1 ampere for the DAC.

The Tripath amp and the DAC board. They almost the same size.

All wiring are directly attach between amp and DAC.

It is a tight fit here. Make sure there is no short on each components.

The DAC board is covered with cloth tape to prevent short with chassis ground.

Tight!

It is all done.



My initial impression with this DAC is sound amazing.

I listen music very long time this weekend. In short, I really impressed with this DAC sound quality! The overall sound just like my Meridian 203 DAC, very similar, with the vocal a little bit forward but more warm. The highs are also airy, detail and far from harsh. Sound very transparent and sound stage is wide. This DAC has some downside. It shy to deliver bass compare to Meridian 203 DAC. One thing for sure, the more I hear, the more I enjoyed this DAC. It is a cheap DAC but deliver music very well.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment