Skip to main content

Vifa D26NC Tweeter Installation In Honda Brio

I bought this tweeter Vifa D26NC about two month ago and it lying on my desk ever since. Recently I am quite busy. And last weekend, when I got a free time, then I prioritized to install this tweeter unit to my Honda Brio.

In this post I will share my opinion about the sound improvement after the installation.


This installation process actually doesn't take so much time. It is just removing the OEM panel, then put the new tweeter on it. The tweeter cable just solder to the mid-range speaker terminal and that's all done.

Total time to install it is only about 1 hour. But sometimes I like to working slow on this. I take this chance to cleaning as the internal parts such as door trim and the windows mechanism. That is why I spent total about 2 hours for this installation and cleaning.


Back to the tweeter unit after installation, one thing that quite bothering me is the tweeter pod excess into the window area. Although this is not distract my view to the side mirror, but I wish it could flush with the door pillar.


I remembered the reason I bought this tweeter unit is because of the wording "this tweeter mounting has been adjusted to make the best possible angle to listener" but I think it is not completely correct. Just look the photo bellow. The tweeter position at the right side which on the driver side is blocked by the AC vent and the dashboard. I still prefer this tweeter put more higher above it.


Anyway, the tweeter position is off-axis. This is the common position and will blending better with overall sound especially from the mid-range.


The overall sound presentation after adding this tweeter is a little bit better. The high frequency more open and airy. The sound just like coming on the top of the dashboard. The nature sound of this Vifa D26NC is smooth and not too dominant which is I really like.

So this is all I can share about the installation process of this tweeter unit. Overall I am happy with the result.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.