July 15, 2018

DIY CMOY Headphone Amplifier Point To Point Using Pure Copper Wire

High quality doesn't mean has to be expensive, at least that is what I am always put in mind in this DIY audio. Like this pure copper wire that I found on the grocery store, this will works really well to improve my previous amplifier built here.


This copper wire is the solid wire that comes in several diameter. I choose the 0.9mm that cost about US$3 per 10 meter. The quality is very good in my opinion and it easy to work with.


I ever heard that copper make sound warmer and silver good at high frequency. In fact, after I changes all the connection in this CMOY headphone amplifier, I found that this copper makes the high frequency more open and little bit. Several hours after break in, the sound become calmer than the first time I using it.


This is my setup: I using 3.5 mm end to end jack from Amphenol and Canare cable. I also using 30 pin iPod line out adapter to get the direct audio line output from iPod.


The headphone I am using here is the Audio Technica ATH-M40x.


I testing using Apple Music on the iPad 2. The difference in sound quality with or without this CMOY amplifier of course more power, more dynamic and larger head-room for the music. For the CMOY headphone amplifier, I think it is the most natural headphones amplifier. By using this in headphones amplifier will give noticeable better in sound quality. In this test I am playing the music from Rippington - Fountain Of Youth.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment