Skip to main content

DIY CMOY Headphone Amplifier Point To Point Using Pure Copper Wire

High quality doesn't mean has to be expensive, at least that is what I am always put in mind in this DIY audio. Like this pure copper wire that I found on the grocery store, I think this will works really well to improve my previous amplifier built here.


This copper wire is a solid copper wire, non-magnetic for sure. I saw it comes in several diameter and I choose 0.9 mm that cost about US$3 per 10 meter.

The copper quality is very good and it easy to work with.


I was heard the rumor that copper make sound warmer and silver makes the detail of the music more pronounce. In fact, after I changes the components connection in this CMOY headphone amplifier, I experienced this copper makes the high frequency more open and transparent.


I use this headphone amplifier to amplify my music source, is the iPad using 30 pin true line out adapter from Fiio.

The headphone that I am using right now is the Audio Technica ATH-M40x.



This is my portable audio setup and using Apple Music in my iPad to listen to the music.

The difference in sound quality with or without this CMOY amplifier of course more power, more dynamic and larger head-room for the music. Upgrade using pure copper makes the music feels more natural in music presentation.

Right now I listening the music from Rippington - Fountain of  Youth.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.