June 4, 2018

Tweeter Vifa D26NC Review

I am still using the OEM speakers that come with the car. This OEM speaker sound so narrow and emphasis only at the bass. This speaker location is at the door panel and the sound from it is just like coming from the bellow of the dashboard.

That is why I want to add the new tweeter above the door panel. This tweeter will makes the sound more fuller by adding the high frequency which the OEM speaker cannot do. So here it is, the tweeter unit that using Vifa D26NC driver.


The OEM full-range speakers sound okay for bass and mid, but lots of peaks and rolled off on high frequency. This is the common problem for most cheap OEM speakers that will sound like this. That is why, I am thinking for adding this tweeter unit to extend the high frequency.


 

When this unit arrived, oh no, they are messy and dirty. The cables are not properly soldered and the glue are not properly attached. This is not even showing the proper work, but okay, I am fine with that. I will correct it by myself.

If I could suggest to the seller, they better selling this unit as a kit rather a finished product like this.


The cross-over network from this unit is a simple one capacitor per channel. It using 4.7uF Bennic capacitor per channel.

To make it the 2nd order cross over, I added another 0.33 mH inductor after the capacitor like in the photo bellow.


I think this is all I can share about this tweeter.

Please find the installation process on the few next post.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment