November 19, 2016

Indonesia Hi-end Show IHEAC 2016

IHEAC is a yearly hi-end audio show in Jakarta. In this year and mostly like yester-years, this event is held at Menara Peninsula, Jakarta on 17-20 Nov 2016. Most of the time I missed to come to this events due to lack of promotion and information from the event organizer itself. But this year, Someone told me about this events and I have to come.



A short brief about this event, they booked four floor for the participant. The 9th, 8th, 2nd and 1st floor are occupied for this events. I come on the 2nd day of the show and I really surprised on so much peoples come to the event like this. Due to my limited time, today visit is only focusing on the brand that I really curious about.


The first room in an Audio Note brands.






They playing songs that I am not really familiar with. Mostly the sound filled with boomy bass and roll off highs. Perhaps the room is not suitable for this kind of setup. What I know is that Audio Note will never sound like this.


Audio Note is also entering the compact audio system. They are not demonstrate how it play music but they are sure looking nice for small audio system.




Look how beautiful the Audio Note built quality.


I stop by this room just curious on the name of this brand. Sadly they not playing any music on this room.




What I found is 2 pairs of speakers which one of them are 1.8 meter high.


This is Kii audio room, they offer small audio equipment integrated with power amp inside the speakers.


They display the attractive red bookshelf speakers. This is very minimum equipment on the table except the source due to the speakers are actually an active speakers.


The sound quite good in my opinion. They played very loud music in this small speakers and I heard a small distortion.


Every show are not complete without something that you can carry at home. Like in this show, the CD's or LP's shop are most favorite place to see.






The next room is the name that make your heart beat, the legendary McIntosh system.




They even make your heart beat pumping harder when the speakers demo is from Harbeth. As you know that this speaker is very famous since they are using in BBC. No wonder, this audio system also playing music very well.










They sell this Harbeth P3ESR bookshelf for US$2500 pairs.




The next booth is an Indonesian audio company. It is Illusi Audio. I know the name but this is the first time I listen to their demo system directly. They sound great.


This hand made full-range speakers is my favorite.


What surprise me is the driver are actually made in Indonesia. They have strong steel basket, light cone and sound pretty well. I heard many full range speakers such as Fostek and Vifa. They have limited on high and low frequency. But not for this driver.



Another unique speakers also display in this room.






The next room is actually focusing on the car audio. They put their speakers on the bookshelf and I quite happy to hear the sound from it. The speed and dynamic while playing instruments are awesome.


The audio source is from laptop streaming via wifi directly to the receiver.




They also show their product line up.








So many room waiting you to visit, but I had no much time. Sorry folks, maybe next time.


The next interesting room that should I enter is this various brand audio shop. They are actually have large number of audio brand in this show. Although the room is too small in my opinion but I could tell you that this big floor-standing speakers from Tidal, powered by Mark Levinson sound very good. I am pretty sure with bigger room, the sound will be amazing.














They display anything the have in this show.




Sonic Frontier on the others system but on the same room.


Classic looking turn table paid my attention.


I wish you not come to this next room at the first place. Otherwise you will spend all of your time in this room and forget everything. This is the king of the show. The largest speaker I've ever experienced in my live. The sound are mind blowing just like the live performance. I could tell you they also offering you to playing your own CD's on this system. I played a song from Salena Jones 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers and the music flew like water. Very natural, very engaging, very relax. But when they playing the Pink Floyd albums, the sound very aggressive and dynamic. This is the great system I've ever experience in my audio life.


The speakers are D'appolitto configuration with 2 18" woofer, 4 6" mid, and 2 ribbon tweeter for each channel. Based on the discussion with the distributor representative, they could be drive by only 50 watt of amplifier. This because of the very sensitive drivers they are using.


Almost all of the equipment drive this speakers are from Reimyo. The Japan audio company that focus on hi end audio.








Leaving that amazing room is just like back to the reality. Exit from the real dream and enter the next room selling discount audio equipment. Most of them are used but good condition.






That all for the show, see you next year.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment