September 19, 2021

Sharing The Components For The Next DAC Project

As usual on this Sunday morning, I starting my day with simple exercise. I notice the sky are very clear with unusual cloud pattern, so I grab my phone and take a shoot. Then I think this photo will be suitable for this post cover.

Actually I already had some components to share. It is for the next DAC project and let's take a look.



This is the parts disassembly from old professional CD player. It is manufacture by TASCAM but I forget which type it is. I got it long time ago. The DAC board is using dual AD1865N. it is for balanced output which commonly use in professional audio system.



I cut the board and take only the DAC module. This PCB is dual layer with most ground plane are on the top. This is a top quality PCB and no wonder this is for the professional audio equipment.

Tascam using Panasonic Matsushita for the capacitors. Quite odd I never see Panasonic capacitors like this with the label AU. I familiar with Panasonic FC but not like this Panasonic AU with brown metallic and gold strip.




There is another components I need to share is this transformers from vintage hi-end Denon CD player. It is Denon DCD 3520 which have separate transformer for analog section and digital section. This transformer separation is a common implementation on almost hi-end CD player. The transformers are all covered with steel casing and resin filled to reduce the noise. The transformer condition I have here are in almost perfect condition.

That's all my shares, have a good Sunday everyone:)






Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment