Skip to main content

3.5 mm Mini Jack to RCA Connector Using Amphenol ACPR-SRD /SBK & KS3P

Finding good quality and affordable RCA plugs are not easy. My experienced search for high quality from a reputable brand will cost much, while non-branded RCA will cost for the quality.

This is Amphenol ACPR-SBK for red color and ACPR-SRD for black color. Amphenol itself is an Australia brand with wide-range of connector product. This one is RCA plug, looking good and promising.

Let's check it out.


This RCA plug is affordable. I bought it for US$2 each. This RCA plug is gold plated only at the connector side with the body shell is made by alumunium.

The finished material is very good although I think the design and shape is subjective which I think it is too long and hard to grip on my hand.

The connector material is not too thick, looks cheap. But at this price range, I should accept it anyway.





The unique of this Amphenol connector is using rubber at the cable insert. This rubber can expand and fit based on the size of the cables put in. I check various of cable diameter which the rubber can hold up to 6 mm of cable diameter.


One of the plus point of this Amphenol connector: they are easy to solder.


I have bad experience when using no-brand cheap RCA plugs. The plugs are hard to plug-in into the female RCA. Then when I remove it, the grounding on the female RCA socket pull out and stay on the male grounding RCA connector. This cause the unit that connect to the male RCA broken.

Scary isn't it!

But thankfully this is not the case with this Amphenol plugs.

So, in my opinion, this is a good RCA plugs. Especially when talking to the price, it is the best value for RCA plugs.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.