March 30, 2015

3.5 mm Mini Jack to RCA Connector Using Amphenol ACPR-SRD /SBK & KS3P

My previous post about the Amphenol mini jack is posted here. I really like the quality of this Amphenol 3.5mm mini jack. The type is KS3P. It is very affordable with good quality connector.

Then I tried to have another Amphenol product line up especially for the RCA plug. This is ACPR-SBK for red color and ACPR-SRD for black color. With this RCA plugs, I will make 3.5 mm mini jack to RCA connector.


This RCA plug is cheap. I bought it for US$2 each. This Amphenol RCA plug is made in Australia, so I can assure that the quality is better than others on the same price.

The finished material is very good but not for the connector material. I hope this RCA plug using thicker grounding connector plate.


At this price range, I cannot totally blame the Amphenol for this low quality RCA plug material and I willing to pay more if it build better.

In contrast, the Amphenol 3.5 mm mini jack has better quality with the same price as this.



The Amphenol using rubber at the cable termination. This rubber can expand and fit based on the size of the cables put in.


All Amphenol connector are easy to solder.


I have bad experience when using no-brand cheap RCA plugs. The plugs are hard to plug-in into the female RCA. Then when I remove it, the grounding on the female RCA socket pull out and stay on the male grounding RCA connector. This cause the unit that connect to the male RCA broken. Scary isn't it!

But thankfully this is not the case with this Amphenol plugs.


In my opinion the Amphenol RCA jacks quality not as good as their 3.5 mm mini jack. This is because the connector material use in this plug is so thin. Others than that, I think this is a good plug.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment