Skip to main content

The Finishing Touch For My Luxman LXV-OT7 Clone

I am visiting this Luxman LXV-OT7 clone for the finishing touch.

From the time this amplifier project finished, some of the parts are using what I have left in my bin. This amplifier is working fine but just not perfect. So, after my imported components came last week, I start to open this amplifier again. Those components that need to replace are RCA female plugs and potentiometer.


The RCA plugs that I always using for my project is from CMC brand.

CMC is Charming Music Company, the USA manufacture that specialized in audio plugs. This plug is very high quality and affordable.

In the market right now, there lots of fakes CMC, so you need to make sure the supplier you order is having good credibility. Fakes parts will never deliver the same quality as the original.



The other component for finishing this amplifier is the potentiometer.

I already order ALPS RK27 for the replacement of the used standard quality potentiometer before. Unfortunately, the casing hole size is too small for this ALPS RK27 to fit. I don't want enlarging the casing hole to fit it in, and this plan is cancel.

I just install the PCB for the existing potentiometer.






This Luxman LXV-OT7 clone is now 100% complete.

This is a small amplifier that looking good inside out.

The sound quality is very musical which I can live with it.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPA1622 Vs. OPA627 High Performance Op-amps Comparison

This op-amps comparison topic is actually boring, but at the same time, many of us still curious about what others think about it. The reason is simply because of the op-amps variation are hundreds and they are depends by the implementation. The op-amps are considerably cheap and an interchangeable electronic components but they are not built for the same function. So in this discussion, I will focus on the modern Vs. vintage high performance op-amps in the simple non-inverting pre-amplifier gain stage.

Vintage Multibit R2R DAC Tier List

At the very beginning of this year, I committed to explore the best multi-bit R2R DAC. This is simply because I have plenty of the resources (from broken old unit CD player of course) and ability to build them up. If you think this kind a recycle from old un-used unit to become something useful, than I should stated myself giving contribute for greener world:) After all DAC that I built in this year, I think it is better for me to list them up again in one single page like this. Then I will rank them up in a simple tier list. The reason for this, so you all know what my opinion about of those vintage multibit R2R DAC especially in the sound quality.

Signal Path Capacitor Comparison - Elna Cerafine Vs. Silmic II

I you following the discussion online, there are many endless debate about sound quality improvement from one capacitors to another. Some of them did a comparison between certain branded capacitors, which in my opinion, the result are very subjective. To make this comparison more crowded, so in this post will I adding another capacitor comparison.  Previously I did a capacitor upgrade on the Pioneer KEH-P9750 head unit using Elna Silmic capacitor for the signal path only. I will take this opportunity to compare between the Elna Silmic II and the Elna Cerafine. Both capacitor are produced by the same company. I believe the result would be more objective.