December 29, 2022

Recap Of The Year 2022

It is almost at the edge of year 2022.

As usual, I always do a recap for what I did in this year.

In this 2022, there is not many DAC project like what I did in 2021. The pandemic is slowly vanished and life continue back to normal. I am now spending most of my time working at the office and just having a little time for this hobby.

The other reason it is simply because I already exploring almost all popular vintage multibit DAC in 2021.

But there are few project I 've done this year which they are always be different.

I always exploring the new idea especially when implementing the DAC I built. The GIC filter is one of the new things for me which the result is quite spectacular. The others is using the vacuum tube output for the PCM1704 non-oversampling DAC and 24 bit USB XMOS digital receiver. The DAC with this implementation brings very natural sound.

I take this post cover with my previous built, is the ultimate AD1865NK DAC which I just open up the cover again and see inside.


Although there are so many DAC I built so far, somehow I still feel proud of this DAC. Not necessary because it was an expensive DAC built, or not even the best sounding yet, but this DAC was built with all my knowledge and the experience I got from previous years.

This DAC was first built on 2021, it using TDA1541 here, then I start implementing the best specification oversampling filter, the CXD1144 with AD1865 here, and later on I changed the analog output using GIC LPF filter here.


Looking back to the past few month, I start to built few DAC in a small form factor using freebee steel casing. I made them colorful and compact but not compromise to the sound quality.

What I did is simplify the DAC components that mostly the power supply section are consume a lot of space. By using the high quality and low profile power transformer is one of the recipe to get the same power supply performance as the complex one.



Looking forward to the year 2023, I think I will still exploring all about vintage multibit DAC. The sound quality result from this DAC never fails me.

The next year project will more likely focusing on the new method and the new implementation using remaining DAC IC that I had on my drawer and hopefully it become a better DAC.

That's all for the recap of the year 2022.

Welcoming 2023.

Cheers.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

2 comments: