November 8, 2022

Ultimate TDA1541A S1 USB DAC Updates

The last built of my TDA1541 USB DAC with GIC filter is working and sound great. This TDA1541 DAC is so simple to built and only required PCM2704 USB to I2S module board as the digital receiver.

You can check the built process here.

In this updates, I will show few upgrade. One of them is by replacing the TDA1541 with TDA1541A S1 single crown which have better specification.

I also put DC blocking capacitors at the output since I got the DC offset at the output naturally caused by the digital element matching from the TDA1541 itself.

Then, I repaint the chassis.

It look gorgeous.


I didn't expected the combination between white on top and black on the chassis could be this beautiful. The casing is compact in size so this color makes this DAC looks cute.

But for the sound quality from this DAC, it doesn't sound cute at all.

It sound great.


The TDA1541 previously installed on this DAC is working perfect and nothing wrong using it. But since the TDA1541 S1 single crown has better specification on paper, so I use it.

The sound difference is subtle. It has better high frequency detail and more airy.

I got this TDA1541A S1 from the used Nakamichi DAC-101 that I recently bought.




The TDA1541 DAC is always have DC output. So to prevent any DC leak that will goes to the amplifier, I add DC blocking capacitors at the output.

I using 100uf Elna Cerafine capacitors since this is what I have high quality capacitors left in my components drawer.


Some how, I really like this DAC when put on this small chassis with a lot of components on it. Especially when they are well arranged and built by myself:)




I think I had a great time enough with this DAC. It is time to close the lid and let's have some music play.



Few weeks later, my itchy hands want to makes this TDA1541A DAC look more sleek. At least, I want not too much wiring lying around inside the case.

So, once again, the internal arrangement is change again with the result just like this.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you show the schematic last stage, from IV/GIC to output (4 last capacitor before RCA) ?

    ReplyDelete