July 4, 2022

Audeze LCD-2 Headphone Review

For years I was searching a better headphone that I can compete with my currently favorite headphone, is the Sennheiser HD600.

Then, it is happened once I got this Audeze LCD-2 headphone right now.

Other than that, I personally like the design of this headphone more than anything I had before. It is just like a classic headphone which I think Audeze is quite conservative with their headphone design anyway since all of them shared the same design languages.

So let's take a look closer.


The build quality of this Audeze LCD-2 is pretty solid. Start from the headphone mesh, the leather quality, the headband, the connector and all of it comes with high quality materials.

I bought this headphone in used condition for a good bargain and it comes with their original suitcase which is looks like a tank.









For the connector and cable, it using the mini XLR connector for each driver and the 6.3 mm jack connector at the amplifier side. It is quite common for headphone connector but finding a good quality mini XLR connector is not easy. Although the original cables that comes with it is a good quality cable, but this might be a problem for me if someday I want to build the cable for this headphone by my own.





The bonus when I bought this Audeze LCD-2 is the cable by Custom Cans.

I don't know the brand and It is not harm for me to try it.






But I hate to say that the cables really make a difference in the sound quality.

Especially for this Custom Cans cable, I don't think it is suitable for my taste. The sound when using this cable makes the mid-range more forward and sterile, while the dynamic are attenuates.

So I return back to use the original cable instead.


Back to the Audeze LCD-2, for me, it is sound amazing.

It is better than the Sennheiser HD600 headphone especially on the detail and dynamic music presentation. This Audeze LCD-2 headphone is also more easier to drive with many different kind of amplifier and still maintaining it's sound signature with those amplifier.

My only complain is the weight, which is quite heavy on my head.

Other than that, this is a better headphone for sure.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment