December 9, 2019

Beautiful Bali, Movenpick Resort & The Sony DAP Companion In This Holiday

Last week, I got a chance to enjoy the exotic island, Bali. This is my fourth times for whole of my life going to this beautiful island. Still, Bali has it's own magnet for me to enjoy and release the tension I got in my daily routine. In this travel companion, I bring my new DAP Sony NW-A50 along with the Sony MH1 earphones. I prefer the very portable device every time I traveling and previously the iPod is the only one I choose. In this time, I give a chance for Sony DAP going with me. Surprisingly, the sound from the headphones output are very good compares to iPod. The Sony sound signature has very smooth mid-range and vocal, more on warm sounding system.
Lately my experience using this Sony NW-A50 as my home audio source not giving a consistence result. The line output voltage of this DAP is very small compares to the iPod. That is why sometimes it is sound good, but quite often it is not. I have to crank up my amplifier volume to get the good dynamic sound from this Sony DAP.

It is a different story if I talking about the headphones output of this Sony DAP. It is way better when plugin to my earphones compares to the same headphones output on the iPod. This is a great experiance I got and I think I will going back to the iPod for my home audio source, then using this Sony NW-A50 as my portable audio device. It is very suitable for their own application.



Back to my pleasant journey, it is a 2 hours flight from Jakarta to Bali. The temperature in Bali at this moment is very humid and hot. The good things I bring a lot of my T-shirts and leave my Polo shirts behind. The first spot I visit in Bali is Bebek Bengil restaurant in Nusa Dua. It is already lunch time and  cannot resist to have a great local food here. The restaurant ambiance is very natural, just like you are in the middle of the rice farm village.



After having lunch, we are going to check-in at the Movenpick resort in Jimbaran. This is surprisingly a good looking hotel. The hotel Lobby is very large and elegance without removing the touch of Bali culture. By seeing the awards at the lobby display, the reputable third parties awarded this resort as five plus star hotel and no doubt about it.


No wonder they awarded that many star on this beautiful resort.


The lobby is at the 5th floor and the view is astonishing to their large thematic swimming pool.


Perhaps if you are notice about the height of every building in Bali, they has their own regulation for every building not taller than a coconut trees. I am not sure where the regulation comes from but this method is proven to keep Bali as authentic and nature as possible without leaving the wave of modernization.





At 14 o'clock I got my key room and going inside, it is very neat arrangement and worldwide will agree this is one of the best hotel rooms in the world.



It is luxury, great furniture arrangement and clean. I guess I can spending my whole time in this nice hotel room instead going outside.




Well, before going anywhere, I shall make my own coffee with this automatic coffee machine in my room. It is a good coffee to start my holiday in this beautiful island.


This first day in Bali, I prefer exploring the hotel surrounding. I did swimming to cooling down my body heat and after that, I going to the shops besides the hotel.


This shops complex are actually still in the hotel area. They are mostly restaurant and souvenir shops.




I want to have dinner here, but I guess for this time I prefer going outside.


No other refreshing moment I got when having dinner at open sky restaurant, sandy ground, with ocean breeze and delicious food.


Still, this restaurant at Jimbaran is not far away from the resort.




When night comes, the best place in Bali is to spending the night at the club for drinking a beer.


Cheers everyone:)


Good morning everyone! Bali is one hours ahead Jakarta time and nothing best rather spending this morning time with a good coffee and good music from Sony NW-A50 while relaxing and enjoy the morning breeze.


When sun has rises, I walking my way to the restaurant to have the breakfast. Today agenda is going to Ubud. It is about 2 hours driving from the hotel. So I need to fill up my empty stomach first.


The restaurant at the first floor and it a big place with indoor and outdoor tables.










There is kids corner available in the restaurant. Of course, with kids menu as well.






The view from the outside tables.


Going to Ubud, it is at the highland of Bali. The temperature is lower than Kuta or Jimbaran of course. I arrived at 10 o'clock at this beautiful Mason elephant park.

It is quite expensive, but I guess I had no choice either.

At the entrance I get welcomed with a big mammoth replica along with lots of stuff of ivory collection around the world.


This is a very big elephant park. It got more than 30 healthy elephant that you can rides with them.


There is a little elephant that just born five month ago in here.



There is small museum all about elephant inside this park.

There are also many cottage in this elephant park surrounding by forest. More traditional house and more closest to nature. I wonder if I live here, I will heard the bug buzzing in the night and the elephant scream waking me up in the morning.


More picture surrounding at Ubud while I got my rides to the next places.



I have a great times after visiting the elephant park such as buggy rides, then having a great lunch, and spending evening at the zoo for the safari night. Not so much photos there cause it is not too spectacular but still fun.




Going back to hotel, I spent some time to looking around some local souvenir. Since this souvenir shop are in the same hotel area, I got 15% discount on my purchase with only showing my room key card. Great offer indeed!





This is a great 3 days holiday I got. Not so much going around actually. This is become my style for having a great holiday by spending time in one place, relaxing, chatting with friends and family and feel the ambiance of surrounding.

It is time to checking out and going to the airport.


Since I had plenty of time before boarding to the airplane, I stopping to having lunch in Wanaku restaurant near the airport.








It is a delicious food I had for lunch before heading to the airport. This is the end of my holiday. Full of excitement, full of joy and happiness.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sirs, many thanks for your blog and i juat wanna share my experience :
    *ABOUT BALI AT A GLANCE*

    Bali, the Island of the Gods, a small island with a big attraction, to generate a lot of foreign exchange. Since a long time many local and foreign tourists who do not get tired of visiting it. From white people, Japanese and even from mainland China also flooded Bali, especially since the disappearance of Flight MH370 which until now has no whereabouts.
    Back in Bali, triggered by a complaint from someone who had lived in Bali for some time, he submitted a complaint and suggestion to the local agency, so we will briefly visit the Island of the Gods.

    1. One of the things that tourists complain about is that there is no pedestrian bridge and he proposes to build a pedestrian bridge that can be opened and closed if there is a religious ceremony. Well this is totally new! A pedestrian bridge that can be opened and closed ? Why? For what and why should it be opened and closed if there is a religious ceremony?

    2. With Bali's extraordinary charm, it is automatically getting crowded, but why are there almost no buildings, apartments and or hotels that are more than 15 meters high (4 floors)? The only hotel on the beach that is 10 floors high is Hotel Inna Grand Bali Beach. Why? This hotel was built in 1963 and started operating in November 1966, while the regulation of the maximum limit of 15 meters height of the new building existed in 1971. On January 20, 1993 the entire building and contents of this hotel experienced a severe fire but room number 327 which is located in the center of this hotel remained intact. and it doesn't burn at all. It is said that this room is the private room of the late President Soekarno to hold a meeting with Nyai RoroKidul.

    3. In 1996, the Grand Nikko Hotel (5*) was established in Nusa Dua which was 40 meters high (15 floors) when calculated from the beach. The hotel is built between the beach and the rocky hills. Why did this hotel get a permit even though it exceeds the height limit of 15 meters (maximum 5 floors) ? However, if measured from the surface of the hill which is just behind the hotel, only 4 floors stick out (appear) beyond the height of the hill ;-)

    4. Regulations on building height limits do not only exist in Bali. In several places in Indonesia and other parts of the world there is this regulation, although perhaps for different reasons, for example:
    a. In Banda Aceh there is a regulation that limits the height of the building not exceeding the height of the Great Mosque within a certain radius.
    b. In Frankfurt, Germany, there are laws governing the layout of the city as well as the height of the buildings. One of the famous rules is that the height of the building must not exceed the church bell tower. The same law applies also in other small cities except for big cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg.
    c. The Greenwich Village Historic District in New York has also imposed a maximum building height limit of 12 floors.
    d. Paris City Center applies a maximum building height limit of 83 feet (25.3 meters).
    e. Since 1991, the City of Mumbai in India has imposed a very extreme maximum height limit of 1.3 floors. So since that year there are no new buildings with a height of more than 1 floor.

    to be continued

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. We return to Bali, before May 2013, road users from Denpasar to Ngurah Rai Airport, Nusa Dua, will pass an intersection called Simpang Siur (Crowded Junction). It is so named because for a distance of 15 km which at a leisurely night only takes 20-30 minutes, if taken during working hours it will take between 1-2 hours! It can even be longer during week-ends and long holiday seasons. Therefore, since before 2007 there has been a discourse to overcome the congestion problem. The first discourse by making a bridge / fly-over was much opposed by almost all circles because at the intersection there was a statue called the Dewi Ruci Statue so that it would interfere with the existence of the Dewi Ruci Statue. Then the second discourse was made, namely making a tunnel / under-pass. This discourse initially reaped the pros and cons in the community. One of the reasons for refusing is that if there are religious activities it will be considered "leteh" (spiritually dirty) if they are "mesulub" (passing under objects that are considered dirty on their heads within a certain distance). If they are forced to go through it, then after that a cleansing ceremony must be carried out namely "Prastista". Finally, in 2007 a feasibility study was carried out for the project and in May 2013 Bali had its first tunnel/under-pass, which was named the Dewa Ruci Underpass. The Dewa Ruciini underpass greatly reduces congestion at Simpang Siur (Crowded Junction), especially in October 2013 the APEC Summit in Nusa Dua was held.

    6. Balinese people believe that "height" is for HYANG DILAH (GOD ALMITHY). Middle-earth for humans and Underworld for evil spirits. Since ancient times the Balinese have believed that the Universe stretches from Heaven on a mountain to the depths of the sea. Everything in the universe has a direction, position and place. All things that are considered sacred/sacred, are associated with heights, while all threats and dangers come from the forces of the “underworld”. Human habitation is located in the intermediate world, namely the fertile plains between the mountains and the sea. The task of man is to seek balance and harmony between these two opposing forces.

    7. At the end of this short article, let's study some of the basic philosophy of Balinese belief:

    a. The beliefs of the Balinese people do not claim that only their beliefs can bring liberation and goodness to all mankind.

    b. They also do not claim the truth let alone claim a divine place in nature (ngapling) while adherents of other beliefs are misguided, dark and will go to a terrible place to be tortured forever.

    c. *In their Bible there is a very famous doctrine/teaching which reads: "the wise men say that there is only one truth but it is given a different name". That is why the Balinese do not carry out any conversion of faith (da'wah/evangelism) especially those accompanied by violence and/or in the name of HYANG DILAHI with any kind of lure.*

    8. The Balinese people have set a real example that is very wise and wise when they experienced two bomb terrors.

    *Hopefully this short article inspires us all to imitate them and not just enjoy the island.*

    ~Dear my brothers there, I'll be back........~

    ReplyDelete