May 9, 2016

This Is How I Install The Car Speakers Properly

OEM car speakers are comes with many size. They often using their own plastic enclosure unify with the speaker basket itself. Some of them are great and mostly are crap. When it is time to change the speakers, special treatment need to be done to achieve maximum performance of the speakers itself. The goal is to minimized the sound cancellation. In this project, I am using and testing 4 inch speakers from RCF.
The pre-cut mdf board for speakers mounting are needed. I am using the 12mm mdf board and diameter cut out is 17cm. The door for speakers placement is for 6 inch speakers and this mounting is calculate for this application. Mdf mounting is needed to reduce vibration and placement for different size speakers like this. I also sealed the outer basket by hot glue. This method is very effective to prevent any leak between the basket and mounting.

As you can see, I am using small speaker in this project. It is RCF S104. It is an used speaker that I found on my storage. I don't have any idea where it come from anyway.

It is not a complete set. In this project I also using my old tweeter and re-design the series cross-over for this speakers. It is a simple -6db cross over.

This 4 inch speakers are actually not too small. They are sufficient to place on the door. I also compare the size to my standard, cheap, but nice sound from Pioneer full-range speakers.

Then I bolt the mdf spacer in the OEM speaker placement. I don't need to make any hole while this spacer can be customized to fit with the OEM bolts holes. And that not finished yet. I also sealed between the mdf spacers and the door plate with attachable sound deadening. It is cheap product that comes with many brands.

You will notice by using this method, the sound are more focus now. The bass is louder. Then the next step are put all door parts together and enjoy this new speakers sound. That's it, as simple as it is and the result is very good.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment