April 13, 2015

Is it Fake CMC RCA Jacks?

The ordered for a pair female CMC RCA has arrived last week. What makes me questioned this RCA is the CMC logo is printed on the body instead on engraved.  I am really suspicious the fake CMC I got here.

I have purchased quite a lot of CMC female RCA previously and none of them like this. They have the bigger version like this here. CMC always engraved their logo and not printed like this one. Honestly what I can say that the body material is the same like the original version and built quality is thankfully just like an original. If I try to wipe the printed with my nail, it is hard to vanished. I have seen the fake CMC before and I still remember the ugly material they use compare to the original but not like this one.

To fulfill my curiosity, I opened the CMC website. On their product catalog, all CMC logo is engraved. Oh snap! maybe this is fake.

Since I already bought it, why don't I try to install it anyway? Today installation is on my current Gainclone amplifier and it is very easy. I removed the cheap but reliable OEM RCA socket, then install the new CMC RCA.

Fake or not, this new CMC RCA make my amplifier looks sexier. How I plug into this CMC RCA also smooth and sturdy. No any complaining so far.

Updates
I guess you should worries about the fake CMC RCA Jacks are all around right now. One things I can spot is the back side for the original CMC has a flat side on the round design shown in the white bellow and while the fake is just like an ordinary hex shown in the red one bellow. Overall appearance is same, but looking closely to the inner plastic material, there is cheap plastic are using on the fake one.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment